- Employ a wedding planner by the hour, just to haggle down the price of quotes from suppliers, and ensure you get the best deal
- Don’t buy your dress or bridesmaids from a wedding dress shop, look on the high street first.
- Don’t print order of service, use traditional hymn books – cheap and environmentally friendly
- Book a Fish and chip van, instead of the evening buffet. You can pre order numbers, its fun and inexpensive
- Contact your local performing Arts college for music, at a fraction of the cost.
- Cup cakes are in fashion – these are easily made by a friend, and they look great piled on a cake stand
- Email your invitations to guests. Its cheap, environmentally friendly and helps with replies
- Save on a band and hire a disco, but personalise it by asking guests to requests songs in advance and leave a message/memory that can be read out before the song is played
- Save on a photographer and ask guests to upload all their pics of the day for everyone to share and print off.
- Cut the biggest cost – the venue, by booking a mid week, or Friday evening wedding
- Buy pot plants for table centres – daisy’s etc. Use larger pots at the church and move to the reception. Save again by giving them as gifts
- Ask a wedding planner if they have any apprentices who would help cut the cost of their wedding with clever ideas, and at a cheaper price.
Bespoken Words make unique audio documentaries for special occasions.
The company come to your house, and tape you retelling tales and memories of your relationship. You can get friends and family to contribute too. They then edit it together with music, to produce emotional, touching and very personal documentaries.
If you are having a large wedding and need to transport guests, this is a lovely idea.
A Wedding Train private hire.
It can carry up to 420 passengers in First Class, which works out quite
reasonable compared with a normal ticket.
But the point about the Wedding Train is that so much more can happen on
board than on a normal train. The couple can wander through the train,
having the opportunity to talk to absolutely everyone.
Whilst guests are served a classic English cream tea. The train can be
a fun solution for a journey between south London and a stately home in Oxfordshire for example.
Here at Cherish we love to plan weddings at short notice. So if your partner has just asked you to marry them, and you don’t want to wait until next year – give us a call. This is our speciality!
If you have suddenly realised that the stress is too much, and you would like someone to help you out on the day. We can be there for you, even if it is next saturday – give us a try.
After all, getting married is the important part!
Always happy to answer any individual, wedding related questions by email – email@example.com