Newly engaged – never planned a wedding before?
Its natural to be excited and overwhelmed by all the options.
Take some time with your partner and try to answer some of the questions below.
1) Think through your overall vision/ dreams for the day.
2) Decide on 3 things you definately won’t compromise money on
3) See if it is easier to decide on things you do not want to do or have at your wedding
4) Have an idea of budget, but remember this may change
5) Remind yourselves of friends weddings and see if you can identify memorable moments
6) keep perspective and ‘enjoy’ the planning, remember you don’t need to do everything yourself!
Wedding planners will answer queries for free if you email them, a little advice from the professionals can help give you the confidence to get started.
Alternatively, Cherish offer fun ‘planning evenings’ for newly engaged couples to brainstorm ideas with close friends / family.