Money saving wedding ideas
- Employ a wedding planner by the hour, just to haggle down the price of quotes from suppliers, and ensure you get the best deal
- Don’t buy your dress or bridesmaids from a wedding dress shop, look on the high street first.
- Don’t print order of service, use traditional hymn books – cheap and environmentally friendly
- Book a Fish and chip van, instead of the evening buffet. You can pre order numbers, its fun and inexpensive
- Contact your local performing Arts college for music, at a fraction of the cost.
- Cup cakes are in fashion – these are easily made by a friend, and they look great piled on a cake stand
- Email your invitations to guests. Its cheap, environmentally friendly and helps with replies
- Save on a band and hire a disco, but personalise it by asking guests to requests songs in advance and leave a message/memory that can be read out before the song is played
- Save on a photographer and ask guests to upload all their pics of the day for everyone to share and print off.
- Cut the biggest cost – the venue, by booking a mid week, or Friday evening wedding
- Buy pot plants for table centres – daisy’s etc. Use larger pots at the church and move to the reception. Save again by giving them as gifts
- Ask a wedding planner if they have any apprentices who would help cut the cost of their wedding with clever ideas, and at a cheaper price.